NCC Harsh

Hegseth strips Milley of security detail, orders investigation

New Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth on Tuesday stripped former Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Mark Milley of his security detail and ordered the acting inspector general to investigate whether the former Army leader could face criminal charges or a retroactive demotion for misconduct, potentially including undermining the chain of command. The unusual move is the latest showdown between President Donal...[Read More]

VA benefits won’t be halted under White House funding freeze order

Veterans benefits and support services will not be disrupted by the White House’s freeze of federal financial programs after administration officials quickly verified that department operations do not run afoul of new rules banning money for diversity and inclusion programming. The announcement Tuesday night by VA leaders capped a day of confusion and uncertainty surrounding dozens of department b...[Read More]

F-35 crashes and explodes in Alaska; pilot ejects safely

ANCHORAGE, Alaska — A U.S. Air Force pilot was reported to be safe after a single-seat F-35 fighter jet crashed Tuesday during a training exercise at a base in Alaska. The pilot experienced an “inflight malfunction” but was able to eject from the aircraft, Col. Paul Townsend, commander of the 354th Fighter Wing, told a news conference. The plane crashed during the landing phase of the flight at Ei...[Read More]

Service members file lawsuit challenging Trump’s trans troops order

Six transgender active-duty service members and two former service members who seek reenlistment on Tuesday filed the first lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump’s executive order that calls for revising policy on transgender troops and probably sets the stage for banning them in the armed forces. Trump’s order, signed Monday, claims the sexual identity of transgender service members “conflic...[Read More]

Service members file lawsuit challenging Trump’s trans troops order

Six transgender active-duty service members and two former service members who seek reenlistment on Tuesday filed the first lawsuit challenging President Donald Trump’s executive order that calls for revising policy on transgender troops and probably sets the stage for banning them in the armed forces. Trump’s order, signed Monday, claims the sexual identity of transgender service members “conflic...[Read More]

Texas sends more than 400 Guardsmen to US-Mexico border

Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday said he’s sending more than 400 soldiers from Houston and Fort Worth to the U.S.-Mexico border to collaborate with Border Patrol agents “to stop illegal immigrants from entering our country and to enforce immigration laws.” Abbott said he will also send C-130s, an aircraft that can take off and land on rough terrain, and Chinook helicopters. The troops, part of a unit ca...[Read More]

President’s Latest Order Gives Uniformed Military 30 Days to Eliminate Diversity Efforts

Trump’s order comes on the heels of his first executive orders signed last week, which already sent the military services scrambling to remove anything they deemed would be related to diversity efforts.

In 12 years, almost no takers for Marines’ career intermission program

In 2013, the Marine Corps released an administrative message with an intriguing offer: Through a special pilot program, troops could hit pause on their active-duty career and transition to the Individual Ready Reserve for up to three years — giving them the chance to go to school, start a family or fulfill some other non-military pursuit. There were two catches: Marines had to commit to return to ...[Read More]

U.S. Navy Installations, Fleet Commands Participate in Annual Force Protection Exercise

U.S. Fleet Forces Command and Navy Installations Command will conduct the annual two-part force protection exercise Citadel Shield-Solid Curtain, Feb. 3-14, at all Navy installations in the continental United States. The exercises will simulate realistic threat scenarios to boost the readiness of U.S. Navy security forces.

Cocaine or pre-workout? Airman fights drug conviction

What if the drug bust that tanked your military career might have actually been the result of a bad batch of workout supplement? That’s the conclusion that an enlisted airman hopes a military appeals court will reach in overturning his conviction. And while this scenario might sound like a pipe dream, Bryce Roan believes he has a shot — thanks to the recent acquittal of a roommate amid a finding t...[Read More]

Trump signs order to revise Pentagon’s policy on transgender troops

President Donald Trump signed an executive order directing Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to revise the Pentagon’s policy on transgender troops, likely setting in motion a future ban on their military service. He also on Monday ordered troops to be reinstated who had left voluntarily or been booted for refusing COVID-19 vaccines, outlined new rollbacks in diversity programs and provided for the de...[Read More]

Trump signs order to revise Pentagon’s policy on transgender troops

President Donald Trump signed an executive order directing Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth to revise the Pentagon’s policy on transgender troops, likely setting in motion a future ban on their military service. He also on Monday ordered troops to be reinstated who had left voluntarily or been booted for refusing COVID-19 vaccines, outlined new rollbacks in diversity programs and provided for the de...[Read More]

Lost Password